Change is quickening for individuals, communities, and institutions around the world. Often change brings excitement and opportunity, but sometimes it challenges us. How do we adapt to that change and cope with the messiness that results? Judy Oakden recently collaborated with Glenda Eoyang to run this virtual Adaptive Action Lab.
Participants learned to use simple, powerful tools to help make sense of their chaotic change to:
- Tell the difference between complex change and merely complicated change
- See and shift simple patterns in their most wicked challenges
- Find language to understand and explain their intuitions about what works in complex change
- Explore the challenges of planning, evaluation, communications, and leadership in times of radical and unpredictable change
- Leverage the power and possibility of complexity.